Visitors to Starved Rock State Park are reminded to take all necessary health precautions when visiting state sites, including bringing with them face coverings in case social distancing cannot be achieved as well as hand sanitizer containing at least 60 percent alcohol.
Additionally, visitors should:
• Practice social distancing by keeping at least six feet of distance between themselves and others
• Stay home if they are sick or feeling any symptoms, such as fever, coughing, troubled breathing, and/or other flu-like symptoms
• Visit alone or with members of their household
• Stay local and visit parks that are closest to where they live
• Move to another area of the park or return another time/day to visit if crowds begin to form
• Cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If they don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into their upper arm/elbow.
Visitors also are reminded to stay on designated trails, observe closure notices and no-entry signs, and that it is illegal to swim or wade at the park, or to climb or rappel on rock formations at the park.
Starved Rock State Park
2678 E 875th Road
Oglesby, IL 61348